04 April 2006

I want to be a space ship
I want to be a glass of water
I want to be a nightstand
I want to be a cherry tree
I want to be a deck of cards
I want to be a low tide
I want to be a reoccurring dream
I want to be a freshly painted wall
I want to be a spelling bee word
I want to be a fingernail moon
I want to be an unmade bed
I want to be a parenthese on a page of periods
I want to be a flat wooden water ice spoon
I want to be a pair of new cotton socks
I want to be a chocolate chip
I want to be a library card
I want to be a nightlight
I want to be a padoodle
I want to be an icicle hanging off a roof
I want to be a smile
I want to be a trampoline
I want to be a bare foot

5 comments:

Stephen Imperato said...

IT'S UNCONTROLLABLE!
i've unleashed... a FAD!!!!!
grow baby, grow!
ive never been so proud.

Stephen Imperato said...

i like your nighttime images.
the nightstand, the moon, the dream, the bed, the nightlight. this one has a good relaxed feel about it. and it's ironic that yours contains so much slumber imagery because last night, when i gave brith to this neat little poetical form, i was pulling an all-nighter to write a paper. so i was very tired. and now, as i read this poem for the first time, i juts woke up from a long afternoon nap.
i love sleep!

Stephen Imperato said...

both of yours are better than mine. you each made a much more cohesive effort to make something whole. my poem was basically patchwork. you guys had a plan. bravo for that.

oh, another thing:
what do we do about titles?
i had no idea what to title mine so i just left it blank. apparently, you guys didnt bother either. i dont think they need titles anyway.

ehammelshaver said...

i want to be a title

silverline said...

definatly i want to be a title!

the birthday wish explination you made could be a title but it gives away too much and has the corny potential...